The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 makes buying insurance for your two wheeler mandatory. As such, carrying your bike insurance policy document on your person is extremely important.
In case you lose your bike insurance papers, what would you do next? You can either contact the branch offline or use an online bike insurance app to get another copy of your insurance documents. In this article, we list down all the procedures to apply for your duplicate bike insurance papers.
Necessary steps to download duplicate bike insurance copy online:
If, by chance, you purchased your two-wheeler insurance online, then it may be easier to get a duplicate copy of the insurance documents. Here are some steps listed below that you need to follow:
- You can visit the official website of your insurance provider or download their online bike insurance app
- Input the type of policy you have and enter other important details like policy number, personal information, etc.
- If required, you may need to verify your profile through an OTP
- Once your verification is complete, you can view your policy documents, download a copy, print a physical copy or get it at your registered email ID
* Standard T&C Apply
Necessary steps to get a duplicate bike insurance copy offline
If, by chance, you purchased your policy offline, and have lost your bike insurance policy documents, then read the below steps to get a copy of your two-wheeler insurance documents offline:
- Inform and intimate your insurer: You must inform your insurance company if you have misplaced or lost the policy documents. Once you do this, the insurer can initiate the issuing of a duplicate copy to you.
- Submit an application: Write and send a physical application to your insurer and ensure you mention the following details in the application:
- Full name
- Policy no.
- Date of issuance
- Type of cover
- Registration number of the two-wheeler
- File an FIR: The Filing of an FIR (First Information Report) is another significant step that you need to do if you have lost or misplaced your vehicle insurance papers. Ensure you send the FIR copy to your insurer along with your application.
- Sign an Indemnity Bond: It may be mandatory to sign an indemnity bond on non-judicial stamp paper of an appropriate value. It includes the policyholder’s full name and the policy number.
* Standard T&C Apply
Important tips if you have lost your Bike Insurance Documents:
- Firstly, you must search your house or office thoroughly for the policy documents
- If you are unable to find it, discontinue using that two-wheeler for the time being until you get the duplicate copy.
Without wasting a minute, call your insurer to know the process, as every insurance company demands a different set of documents to issue a duplicate bike insurance policy.
However, by using the two wheeler insurance app, you will be able to expedite the process of getting a duplicate copy of your lost insurance policy. Not only can you get a copy of your lost document, but for companies like Bajaj Allianz, you can also do a Bajaj Allianz bike insurance claim using the app.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.