An intuitive mobile app for car insurance can make the most difference when you actually need it in a tight spot. If you are stopped by law enforcement authorities on the road, you can show your insurance card from an app instead of digging through your glove box and looking for physical paperwork. You also have the option, if you have an insurance claim, to send it in digitally.
Indeed, a good mobile app can help you in many ways and make your life easier. Let’s keep reading to find out what a good app must have.
Things to look for in car insurance apps
Here is a list of things that a good app for motor insurance must have:
- Access to auto insurance ID cards: It can be stressful to get pulled over by the police. You don’t need to go through the trouble of looking for proof of an insurance card when you have a car insurance app installed on your mobile. A good car insurance app will easily let you access the insurance ID. *
- Ability to view insurance policies: You only read your insurance policy when you absolutely have to. However, when you have a problem, you need to have quick access to your current policy. It is then important to be able to easily access policies through a mobile app. *
- Ability to file a claim: The app for car insurance should give you ways to save time and go paperless. It’s much better to use an app than to call in and wait for a live agent on the phone. *
- Keep track of the claim status: When you file a claim, you want to be able to quickly and easily find out what’s going on with it. Keeping track of the status of your claim can save you time and stress. *
- Upload photos and/or documents: Speeding up your claim digitally saves time, so being able to upload claim documents online, lets you move on to other things. *
- Call for roadside assistance: What good is roadside assistance insurance if you can’t get help when you’re stuck on the side of the road? A good app for your phone can send help right away. *
- Find auto repair shops: If you have been in an unfortunate car accident, you don’t want to worry about where to go to get your car fixed. A good car insurance app in your phone will help you find what you need. *
- Car accident checklist: It’s hard to stay calm at the scene of a car accident, especially when you have to figure out who was hurt and how much damage was done. A car accident checklist will help you get all the necessary information at the scene, giving you a better chance of getting your insurance claim approved later. *
- Extras: Some auto insurers have put more thought into their mobile apps by adding features that may not be directly related to your car insurance needs but help you with your car needs as and when required. *
Standard T&C Apply
A mobile app is always useful and saves time. Apps have been made by a lot of companies, like Bajaj Allianz, to make things easier for their customers. Along with other things, you can check out the Bajaj Allianz car insurance premium rates on the app.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.